Monday, June 1, 2009

happy day



Lauren and I just went over to the Mall and got ourselves some of these to celebrate my happy news from my doctor. A few weeks ago, my doctor said the words no woman wants to hear, "have you felt this lump?" as he was examining my breast on regular yearly exam visit. That moment was a little surreal at the time and I wasn't shocked until later esp. when I told my husband when I got home and he freaked out! A mammogram and ultrasound later with no definitive answer we saw another doctor to discuss biopsy/removal or watching and waiting. We opted to remove and test so today I found out from my doctor that nothing was abnormal in it soooo big sigh of relief and hence the treat of chocolates!!!!! Lauren was pretty worried like her Dad and I was resolved to deal with what I needed to, but I had a good feeling all along. Moments of contemplating your own mortality in a serious way like this affect people differently. I was happy with everything I have done in my life and have no major regrets. I definitely have more I want to do yet and am grateful for delicious chocolates:)

3 comments:

andalucy said...

now i have to get my box of chocolates to celebrate too.

Brenda said...

Mmmm I highly recommend them esp. in times of stress! Well, actually, any ol' time:)

Allison said...

Phew! Good news for sure. What a scare! Let's get together once school ends. ..it has been too long. Sarah and Lauren have some hanging out to do!